Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rain, rain come again!

I just realised that I haven’t updated my blog in a while. Never mind! I guess I was busy, lazy or just not in the mood. So, I’ve got to writing again. But while I’m doing this, all I can think about is a good topic to write on. But then, who needs a topic? I can just write on whatever comes to my mind. Let’s just talk about this lovely weather- Aah! The rains!

Since day before, the climate has been beautiful. The unbearable heat has finally disappeared (thank god for that). The heavy rainfall seems to have changed everyone’s mood. Since the first heavy showers, whenever I checked my phone for updates, everyone’s BBM status had something related to the rains- whether it was a verse from a poem, a statement or even an emoticon- it all had something to do with the rains.

My idea of enjoying this kind of weather is sitting down with a glass of chilled beer/ rum, putting on some great music, calling over some friends (or going over to someone’s house) and having some great conversations. Also, some good food that can make you feel better. When you’re in a cosy environment and you have all the required elements for a perfect evening, you know you’re going to have a great time.

Life is all about these little moments. All these precious memories that are stored in your head and these mental notes that you make is when you realise how privileged you are to have it all. Of course, at one point I thought Rebecca Black ruined all weekends for me for the rest of my life, but then I was like, “Hey, wtf! I can always have just ‘fun’ instead of ‘fun, fun, fun’ and still be satisfied.”

Coming back to the main topic, this weekend has been splendid. Perfect weather, perfect company and perfect everything else. I couldn’t have asked for more. Sometimes such things make me forget all my problems and let go off all the stress. This weather is magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment