Sunday, April 10, 2011

Realisation!

Writing has always fascinated me. Whether it's mine or someone else's, it just seems fascinating. I especially love it when people realise how much fun it is penning down their thoughts, feelings and emotions. Whether the realisation is early or late, it doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that now you finally know what you enjoy doing.

For some, writing is just a hobby, while for some (including me) it is more than just that. For me it's my hobby, my profession, my way of letting all my thoughts out in the open and now, practically a way of life. I've lost count of the number of diaries I've written and not let a single person read and sometimes, even know. At that time, it was mainly because I didn't write for anyone to read and I honestly didn't think my writing was worthy enough of being read. But after much contemplation and a huge argument with myself, I realised that my writing is not for the world to like or dislike. My writing is for me. Whether anyone likes it or no doesn't really matter. What matters is that after I've penned it all down, I'm happy and I'm at peace with myself.

I'm glad that today, at this point, I've got the platform to learn and showcase my work. I'm happy that with each passing day, I learn something new, something more and with each passing day, my passion for writing deepens. And all of this is because of that one day when I realised that this is what I enjoy doing and this is what I will do.

What matters in this life is realisation...it could be about anything, absolutely anything!

1 comment:

  1. Good writing, particularly from a sick-bed.
    I liked the flow.

    nino

    ReplyDelete